- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, broth, zucchini and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty-Italian Vegetable Soup
"Great, quick soup. Easy, one pot, simple ingredients that you probably already have. Sounds too good to be true! I know, I was skeptical, but this was awesome. My husband and I agreed its a keeper. Next time I plan freeze half prior to adding the zucchini, chickpeas and Parmesan."
"This was great! Quick, easy and good. The whole family liked it."
"Soup recipes don't get much easier than this one. Low calorie, low fat and low carbohydrates does NOT mean bland, boring flavor! We loved this soup and didn't feel as though we were breaking the bank, calories-wise, when we had seconds!! Another keeper; next time I make this I may use Italian-style tomatoes for a little added kick in flavor."
"Fabulous!! Flavor was really good. Ingredients have proteins and vegies so it's a one-pot meal. I cut the sausage up in little 1/2" pieces so there would be a piece in every bite. Will def. save this one!"
"This is one my favorite soups to make. It is a standby for those cold winter days!"