This fast feast, for the eyes as well as the stomach, results if you rustle up this soup.—Janet Frieman, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, broth, zucchini and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Vegetable Soup in Country Woman January/February 1993, p35
Reviews for Tasty-Italian Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review