Tasty Italian Burgers Recipe
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and garlic. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Brush buns with oil; grill, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with pesto, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger equals 515 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.