The best flavors of Italy are celebrated in these tempting turkey burgers—pesto, basil, tomato and mozzarella. Grill some up for an international cookout.—Sharon Novin, Northridge, California
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and garlic. Crumble turkey and turkey sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Brush buns with oil; grill, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with pesto, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Burgers in Country Woman June/July 2010, p41
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tasty Italian Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review