Tasty Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
I like to prepare this recipe on the weekend so it has time to marinate. Then we can have hearty sandwiches all week long. It's also ideal for entertaining.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 7 hot banana peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 20 to 24 hard rolls, split
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt; top with onions. Add 1/2 in. of water to pan. Cover with heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Remove meat; set aside until cool enough to handle. Slice thin; place in a large bowl.
- 3. Pour pan juices into a saucepan; add bouillon, peppers and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over beef; cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Reheat before serving. Serve 1/2 cup on each roll. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 each: 241 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Italian Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC