Faith Richards from Tampa, Florida needs just a few ingredients to pack a lot of flavor into this hearty ground beef bake. "My daughter received this recipe from a missionary when they were both serving in Zambia," Faith recalls. "It's delicious."
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Crumble beef over onion. Spread soups over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with chips. Bake 20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Hamburger Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p59
Reviews for Tasty Hamburger Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review