Tasty Green Bean Bake Recipe
I clipped this recipe out of a newspaper more than 20 years ago. It's tasty as well as nutritious. I've never seen a similar dish at any of the potlucks we've attended.—Marion Muller, Bradenton, Florida
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC