Tasty Freezer Coleslaw Recipe
"Every year, we go on a 5-day camping trip and plan ahead for all of our meals," relates Lynn Johnson from Alexandria, Minnesota. "I always prepare and freeze this salad beforehand. It stays fresh right through to the last day."
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion. Add sugar; toss to coat. In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, mustard and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Coleslaw may be frozen up to 3 months; remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 158 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Tasty Freezer Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC