Tasty Freezer Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion. Add sugar; toss to coat. In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, mustard and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Coleslaw may be frozen up to 3 months; remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Freezer Coleslaw in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p55
Reviews for Tasty Freezer Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review