Tasty Eggs for Two
"I found this tasty stovetop recipe while looking for something quick to fix for dinner," recalls Deb Cornelius of Grant, Nebraska. "My teenager son, who can be a picky eater, really likes the combination of hash browns, ham and broccoli, so I make it frequently."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed, optional
- In a skillet, cook the potatoes and onion in butter over medium heat
- until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli; cook until
- tender. Stir in ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, lemon-pepper and dill if desired. Pour
- over potato mixture; cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are
- completely set, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 475 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.