"I found this tasty stovetop recipe while looking for something quick to fix for dinner," recalls Deb Cornelius of Grant, Nebraska. "My teenager son, who can be a picky eater, really likes the combination of hash browns, ham and broccoli, so I make it frequently."
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed, optional
- In a skillet, cook the potatoes and onion in butter over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add broccoli; cook until tender. Stir in ham.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, lemon-pepper and dill if desired. Pour over potato mixture; cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Eggs for Two in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p22
Reviews for Tasty Eggs for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"Came out a bit dry and bland! Am interested in trying it again with a few changes."
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"delicious, just right for the 2 of us"