Tasty Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and lemon juice. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (6 each) equals 467 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,348 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Cranberry Meatballs
"I use frozen meatballs to make this recipe easier. I also omit the ketchup. The sauce is very good, sometimes I use it on chicken wings in a crockpot."