Tasty Chicken Marsala
A friend shared this company-worthy recipe with me. There’s enough of the smooth, creamy sauce to dress both the meat and the noodles, should you choose to serve them, too.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, butter,
- garlic salt, basil and oregano. Add chicken and mushrooms. In a
- large bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and wine; pour over
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is
- tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.