- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, butter, garlic salt, basil and oregano. Add chicken and mushrooms. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tasty Chicken Marsala
Sort By :
"This was great! Very easy and my in-laws loved it. I used fresh garlic gloves (2) and about 3 TBSP of fresh parsley instead of the oregano. I also put salt & pepper on the chicken before putting them in the slow cooker. I also added more of all the seasonings plus a extra couple of shots of the wine in the last 30-45 minutes of cooking to retain the Marsala flavor. The chicken was very tender and everyone took seconds of the sauce for the pasta. Tip: turn the slow on low as soon as you start adding the ingredients; the butter concealed while I was trimming the chicken and I had to do the 1st few ingredients again."