Tasty Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add chicken; stir. Marinate for 15 minutes. In a nonstick skillet, cook onion, chicken and marinade for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add peppers; saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in salsa. Divide mixture among tortillas; top with cheese. Roll up and serve. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 450 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Chicken Fajitas
"Very good, but next time I need to use mild salsa for the kids. I marinated it for 4 hours, used 1 1/2 pounds of chicken, doubled the marinade, and added 1/2 an orange pepper."
"These fajitas are fantastic! I have fixed them quite a few times now, and there are never any leftovers!"