Tasty Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tasty Burritos
Sort By :
Very tasty. I agree with some of the other reviewers that smaller tortillas would be better, and they need to be browned over medium rather than medium-high heat.
My husband LOVES these burritos. Plus, they're so easy to make. I typically make a double batch of the ground beef and refried beans and put the extra in the fridge . Then, it only takes a few minutes to put together and fry up a burrito or two as a snack later on in the week.
This recipe was a HUGE hit in my household, that has extremely picky eaters. I took the suggestions of some other reviewers and popped them in the oven versus stove top because I wanted to cut back on the frying. Now my husband can't even go to the "Mexican" places around here because these were sooo good!!! Thank you!!!!
Made as written except put the cheese on top instead of inside. Very good!!!