Tasty Burritos Recipe
“My cousin is of Mexican heritage, and I’ve watched her make these crunchy burritos for years,” writes Debi Lane from Chattanooga, Tennessee. “The very first time I made them for my own family, they became an instant favorite meal. They’re even better warmed up the next day in the microwave,” she adds. “A great leftover to snack on!” TIP: “Serve with Spanish rice or just chips and salsa,” Debi suggests.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC