Tasty Baked Chicken
Tarragon and paprika add a nice flavor to this chicken, which bakes up golden brown in the oven. #151;Betty Reuter
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon
- juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake
- 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 pound) equals 259 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a