Tasty Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 pound: 259 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Tasty Baked Chicken
"We really enjoyed this. It is easy to prepare, and gives baked chicken a great flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.