Tasty Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 pound) equals 259 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Baked Chicken
"This is a wonderful easy recipe. It makes the kitchen smell inviting, and the Chicken when does is superb! I do add a little garlic to the recipe, and have brown rice, and a vegetable for dinner. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"We really enjoyed this. It is easy to prepare, and gives baked chicken a great flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.