Tarragon and paprika add a nice flavor to this chicken, which bakes up golden brown in the oven. #151;Betty Reuter
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Baked Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p144
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tasty Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2011
"We really enjoyed this. It is easy to prepare, and gives baked chicken a great flavor."