- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Baked Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p144
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tasty Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review