Tasty Applesauce Cake Recipe
"When I make this mild apple dessert for our church's fellowship refreshment hour, people comment on how moist and tasty it is," says Tom Hall of Montrose, Pennsylvania. "Often they ask for seconds - and for the recipe!"
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (0.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute on medium speed. Add applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla; mix well. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to applesauce mixture. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 224 calories, 9g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Tasty Applesauce Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC