Tasty Apple Tart Recipe
Meet the Cook: Almost like a pizza, this tart's easy to pick up and eat out of your hand. Kids love it. Like most of my best recipes, it came from my mom. Since it's so pretty, I fix it for fancy gatherings such as ladies get-togethers...but I make it to serve at informal barbecues as well. We have two daughters, 5 and 2. -Leslie DuPerron, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 6 to 7 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until dough can be formed into a ball.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; turn edges under. Sprinkle crust with 2 tablespoons sugar. Beginning at the outside, arrange apples in a circular patter, overlapping each slice. Make a second circle facing the opposite direction. Continue alternating directions until crust is covered.
- 3. Brush apples with butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- 4. Combine jam and water; brush over apples. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 159 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Tasty Apple Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC