- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Return to the heat until mixture is hot but not bubbling.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the eggs, stirring until smooth. Stir in flour and chips.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and let stand overnight before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Tasting is Believing Whole-Grain Brownies in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p87
Reviews for Tasting is Believing Whole-Grain Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review