Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl. Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole(23)
Sort By :
This was delicious. We didn't have all the ingredients so I had to improvise a little, but it still came out good!
Got this out of one of my moms cook books a while ago and have changed it around little bits here and there the best one yet was to add Velveeta to the mashed potatoes for a cheese potato top
Perfect for thanksgiving! I didn't even have to make anything else except a pumpkin pie and fudge. It was great! The mashed potatoes really made it pop! Delicious! Will make again for a thanksgiving feast! Thanks!
Awesome! Something the whole family enjoyed. We ran out of stuffing so I just used a box stuffing still very good. Also freezes very well. Note: I cook it then freeze and reheat in the warming drawer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Turkey Casserole >