- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl. Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole
Sort By :
"My family and I loved this casserole. I will make again."
"FABULOUS! I too used a box of stuffing, didn't make the stuffing, just dumped it into the bowl and added the sage and poultry seasoning and then the broth, etc. And I did use the leftover mashed potatoes from yesterday's meal, adding the cream cheese, sour cream, etc; as written. It makes a LOT, so next time I will cut everything in half, or make two smaller casseroles, one to eat and one to freeze. But this is my new go to recipe from now on!"
"Omygoodness this is a wonderful casserole. I did, however not bake the casserole... I was at work and I put it all together in a crock pot and it turned out AH-mazing!!! Thank you!!!!!"
"thought my leftover Thanksgiving shepherd's pie was good....this is fab"
"Absolutely a big winner in our family! This dish is delicious!!"