Tastes Like Eggnog Cake
My holiday eggnog cake uses a convenient boxed mix and comes out perfect every time. It always gets compliments, and most people think that I spend hours in the kitchen working on it! My husband's colleagues at work ask for it every Christmas. —Lisa Barrett, Durango, Colorado
12-15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding nutmeg
- and ginger to dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar
- until stiff peaks form. Fold in extract. Spread over cake. Store in
- the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.