Tastes Like Eggnog Cake Recipe
My holiday eggnog cake uses a convenient boxed mix and comes out perfect every time. It always gets compliments, and most people think that I spend hours in the kitchen working on it! My husband's colleagues at work ask for it every Christmas. —Lisa Barrett, Durango, Colorado
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding nutmeg and ginger to dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in extract. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Tastes Like Eggnog Cake
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2012
"Very simple to make, which was great! Made cupcakes out of the batter and followed the recipe exactly. Definitely gives you the eggnog flavor when you don't have eggnog to drink!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC