My holiday eggnog cake uses a convenient boxed mix and comes out perfect every time. It always gets compliments, and most people think that I spend hours in the kitchen working on it! My husband's colleagues at work ask for it every Christmas. —Lisa Barrett, Durango, Colorado
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding nutmeg and ginger to dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in extract. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Tastes Like Eggnog Cake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p38
Reviews for Tastes Like Eggnog Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review