In Lexington, Virginia, Beverly Saunders relies on bottled Italian salad dressing and pineapple juice for her made-in-minutes marinade. Enjoy the summery flavors of this tender charbroiled chicken anytime of year.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing,
- pineapple juice and wine or grape juice; add the chicken. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now