Taste-of-Summer Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, pineapple juice and wine or grape juice; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.