In Lexington, Virginia, Beverly Saunders relies on bottled Italian salad dressing and pineapple juice for her made-in-minutes marinade. Enjoy the summery flavors of this tender charbroiled chicken anytime of year.
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, pineapple juice and wine or grape juice; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taste-of-Summer Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Taste-of-Summer Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review