Tart Orange Gelatin Salad Recipe
Here's a fun and fruity salad that's sure to disappear at picnics and family gatherings. The creamy pudding topping nicely balances the tart orange gelatin layer. Mary Martzke of Shawano, Wisconsin shared the recipe.
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar substitute in boiling water. Stir in orange juice concentrate and cold water. Add pineapple and oranges; mix well. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate until set.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add lemon peel; mix well. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; spread over gelatin. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 12 servings.
One piece equals 99 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC