Tart Lemon Sorbet Recipe
From Georgetown, Texas, field editor Susan Garoutte writes, "On hot summer days, nothing seems to satisfy like the tartness of lemons. This light, refreshing sorbet is one of my favorite ways to use that puckery fruit."
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool. Add the lemon juice and peel.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Tart Lemon Sorbet in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p65
Reviews for Tart Lemon Sorbet(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
This very very good, light & refreshing.
you won't be able to get enough
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >