- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool. Add the lemon juice and peel.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Tart Lemon Sorbet in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p65
Reviews for Tart Lemon Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
This very very good, light & refreshing.
you won't be able to get enough
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >