- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture and limeade concentrate. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat the gelatin until frothy. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill the center with strawberries. Yield: 10-14 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tart Lemon Ring Mold
Sort By :
I liked it, however, it was very tart. I took to a gathering and noticed my friends not finishing the dessert. Made also using orange jello and orange juice. We liked that much better. Everybody's tastes are different.
This was very good but need to mix very well. Next time I will try using frozen lemonade concentrate instead of limeade. Instead of strawberries, I used mandarin oranges in the center and around the bottom. It looked wonderful.
Don't know whether to call it a salad or dessert...delicious! I normally don't care for jello without fruit in it, but this is the exception. Great year round, but a wonderful addition to a spring or summer meal.
This was very good! I made it in a crystal bowl and mixed about a cup of strawberries into it before I put it in the fridge. It seperated beautifully, and the strawberries floated to the top with the creamier mixture. It was a wonderful presentation and tasted great!