Tart Lemon Ring Mold Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture and limeade concentrate. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat the gelatin until frothy. Stir in the whipped cream.
- Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until set.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Fill the center with strawberries. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tart Lemon Ring Mold(5)
Sort By :
This was very good but need to mix very well. Next time I will try using frozen lemonade concentrate instead of limeade. Instead of strawberries, I used mandarin oranges in the center and around the bottom. It looked wonderful.
Don't know whether to call it a salad or dessert...delicious! I normally don't care for jello without fruit in it, but this is the exception. Great year round, but a wonderful addition to a spring or summer meal.
This was very good! I made it in a crystal bowl and mixed about a cup of strawberries into it before I put it in the fridge. It seperated beautifully, and the strawberries floated to the top with the creamier mixture. It was a wonderful presentation and tasted great!
Have made this many times since it appeared in the magazine and it always receives raves. Fabulous!
More Recipe Collections
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >