Tart Cranberry Orange Bread
“I’ve collected recipes for years,” explains Janet Singleton in Bellevue, Ohio. “This tart and tasty quick bread has always been a favorite with friends and family.”
TIP: FREEZE EXTRA LOAVES TO KEEP ON HAND OR WRAP IN COLORED CELLOPHANE AND RAFFIA FOR PERFECT FALL HOSTESS GIFTS!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- baking soda. In a small bowl, beat the egg, orange juice and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries
- and walnuts.
- Transfer to four 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Bread may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4
- mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 loaf equals 228 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium,