Tart Cranberry Coffee Cake
Karen Smeltzer of Greendale, Wisconsin relies on a box of quick bread mix to hurry along this moist coffee cake. An easy powdered sugar glaze drizzled on top helps balance the tartness of the cranberries.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place quick bread mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the
- yogurt, milk and egg; stir into the bread mix just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 375° for
- 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients;
- drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.