Tart Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Karen Smeltzer of Greendale, Wisconsin relies on a box of quick bread mix to hurry along this moist coffee cake. An easy powdered sugar glaze drizzled on top helps balance the tartness of the cranberries.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place quick bread mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, milk and egg; stir into the bread mix just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tart Cranberry Coffee Cake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p13
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2011
Whenever I make this cake people ask for the recipe. It's quick and easy and tastes amazing. My family loves it.
More Recipe Collections
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >