Tart Cranberry Cake
You can't beat this recipe to showcase true fall flavor. The ruby cranberries stay bright and beautiful, and their tartness is irresistible. I've made this cake many times to share.
-Marilyn Paradis, Woodburn, Oregon
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and
- lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract; beat 2
- minutes. Gradually stir in flour just until combined. Stir in
- cranberries and pecans. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.