Tart Cranberry Butter
One of my favorite toppings for toast is this tart spread. It's also great spooned over poultry...and ice cream! I've given jars as gifts and have always gotten positive comments.
40 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 10 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cranberries, apple juice
- and sugar to a boil. Cook 10-15 minutes or until all berries have
- popped, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return cranberry mixture to the saucepan; add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10
- minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and chill 8
- hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.