Tart Cranberry Butter
One of my favorite toppings for toast is this tart spread. It's also great spooned over poultry...and ice cream! I've given jars as gifts and have always gotten positive comments.
40 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 10 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the cranberries, apple juice
- and sugar to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until all berries
- have popped, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool
- slightly. Process in batches in a blender or food processor until
- Return cranberry mixture to the saucepan; add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and
- chill for 8 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 57 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.