- 5 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine apples and flour; toss to coat. Stir in cranberry sauce. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Apple Crisp
"My husband and I loved this recipe. I too omitted the wheat bran (didn't have any), used some fresh cranberries in addition to cranberry sance called for. I left the peel on the apples but next time I would peel the apples. It's wonderful and very easy. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This was very tasty. Next time I would peel the apples. Served to company and they really liked it and asked for the recipe. I used Golden Delicious apples and doubled the topping. This is going into the recipe box. I also served it with vanilla ice cream. easy to do. I would have given five stars but didn't care for the apple peels."
"Very good dessert. I used Cool Whip for the topping. I will definitely make this again."
"Recipe was very tasty. I used brown sugar substitute in the crumb topping since there is a diabetic in my household. I would definitely peel the apples next time."
"Thought this was a great recipe. Loved the tart taste of cranberries and the sweeter taste of the apples. Will definitely make again."
"Excellent recipe. Everyone loved it! I omitted the wheat bran as I did not have it on hand."
"RE: grams of sugar... A lesson from my son who has Type 1 diabetes: the carb count is more important than a separate sugar count since sugar accounts for most if not all of, the carbs."
"We need to know how many gram of suger, on a diet and needed to know. Thanks"
"Exceptional. I doubled the crust and added nutmeg and allspice."
"Love it!!! It is so simple to make and tastes so good. It is tart and not too sweet. Everyone that tastes it wants the recipe. The only thing I changed was I used Splenda brown sugar and added chopped pecans in the topping."