- 5 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine apples and flour; toss to coat. Stir in cranberry sauce. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"My husband and I loved this recipe. I too omitted the wheat bran (didn't have any), used some fresh cranberries in addition to cranberry sance called for. I left the peel on the apples but next time I would peel the apples. It's wonderful and very easy. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This was very tasty. Next time I would peel the apples. Served to company and they really liked it and asked for the recipe. I used Golden Delicious apples and doubled the topping. This is going into the recipe box. I also served it with vanilla ice cream. Easy to do. I would have given five stars but didn't care for the apple peels."
"Very good dessert. I used Cool Whip for the topping. I will definitely make this again."
"Recipe was very tasty. I used brown sugar substitute in the crumb topping since there is a diabetic in my household. I would definitely peel the apples next time."
"Thought this was a great recipe. Loved the tart taste of cranberries and the sweeter taste of the apples. Will definitely make again."