Tart Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
“I left the fibrous, vitamin-rich apple peels on and replaced most of the butter with canola oil. I’m so pleased with the results.” Carolyn DiPasquale - Middletown, RI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 5 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and flour; toss to coat. Stir in cranberry sauce. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without frozen yogurt) equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC