Tart Cherry Salad Recipe
This recipe has been in my family for years; we especially use it during the holiday season. It's pleasantly tart and a perfect complement to any meal.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) tart red cherries
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1. Drain cherries and pineapple, reserving juices. Set fruit aside. Add enough water to combined juices to make 3-1/4 cups; pour into a saucepan. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add cherries, pineapple and ginger ale. Chill until partially set. Stir in coconut and nuts if desired. Pour into an oiled 3-qt. mold or 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 each: 137 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Tart Cherry Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC