Tart Cherry Lattice Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cherries and extract.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- 3. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 561 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Tart Cherry Lattice Pie
"I love making pies. The crust recipe I usually use has been in my family for years. It doesn't use butter, but shortening and milk. So I wanted to try a butter crust and this one turned out delicious. It was easy to make and roll. I had plenty of dough for a 9" double crust pie.I recently purchased some Instant Clear Gel as I read that it was a good substitute for flour, cornstarch or tapioca. And it was! The filling turned out just right.My husband was very happy."