Tart Cherry Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups pitted fresh tart cherries or 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Place cherries in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with sugar. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over cherries.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until top is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 243 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tart Cherry Crisp
"This was delicious. I used two cans of tart cherries ($5/can!). Next time, I will use fresh cherries as I didn't care for the color this dessert turned out to be - not a pretty red."
"This was delicious. I did add 1/4 tsp of almond extract to the mix. This went together much faster and easier then a pie which was nice on a busy day. I also needed the full 40 minutes of baking time to get the topping crisp. I have already shared this recipe with my daughters and will make it again."
"My whole family enjoyed this crisp a lot! I added an extra tablespoon of sugar (we like things pretty sweet.) I baked it the whole 40 minutes to get the topping very crisp. The finished crisp was liquidy, but no one seemed to mind. I'll definitely make it again!"
"I will use this recipe again for sure!"
"This recipe has the perfect blend of tart and sweet. My daughter isn't fond of tart cherries, but she liked this recipe. Highly recommend!"
"The hardest part is pitting the cherries but definitely worth it!"