Tart Cherry Crisp Recipe
"Our family first made this dessert after an outing to a cherry orchard," explains Mrs. Grossman of Brooklyn, New York. "We used the fresh fruit we picked to make several of these crisps."
- 4 cups pitted fresh tart cherries or 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Place cherries in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with sugar. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over cherries.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until top is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 243 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC