Tart 'n' Tangy Citrus Cooler
This is a sweet and refreshing beverage that's perfect when cooling off in the shade. In summer, I make the sugar syrup in advance, so I can mix up a quick batch after we've been out in the sun. The syrup can keep for up to a week.
13 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups water, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups fresh lime juice or Key lime juice
- 3 cups orange juice
- Crushed ice
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water and sugar to a boil; stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from
- the heat; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar mixture, lime juice, orange
- juice and remaining water; stir well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice. Yield: 3-1/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.