Tart 'n' Frosty Limeade Dessert Recipe
Luscious with lime juice, this frozen treat is so lovely and light that it melts all resistance to dessert—even after hearty holiday meals! Thanks to Pewaukee, Wisconsin’s Pam Peirce for sharing a real winner.
- 1-2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and pecans; stir in butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Pour the milk into a metal bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Beat milk until soft peaks form. Fold in the limeade concentrate, sugar, lime peel, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 145 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tart 'n' Frosty Limeade Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC