Add fresh tarragon sprigs to basic white wine vinegar in a decorative jar, and you'll have a lovely, contemporary gift for a cook on your Christmas list. Include salad dressing recipes or others that could use this flavorful vinegar.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 1 cup tarragon sprigs
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- Additional fresh tarragon sprig, optional
- Wash tarragon and pat dry. Place in a sterilized jar. Using a wooden
- spoon, gently bruise the tarragon. Add the vinegar. Cover and store
- in a cool dark place for 2-3 weeks to let flavors develop.
- Strain and discard tarragon. Pour into a sterilized decorative
- bottle. Add additional tarragon if desired. Store in a cool dark
- place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 5 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free Food.