Tarragon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve pectin in boiling water; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the apple juice concentrate, vinegar, mustard, oil, tarragon, pepper and pectin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 71 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.