Mandarin oranges complement tender turkey and bow tie pasta in Shannon Bitenc's summery salad. "My family loves the combination of citrus and tarragon in this delicious dish," she writes from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add turkey, celery and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, mustard, tarragon, orange peel, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p56
Reviews for Tarragon Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review