Tarragon Tuna Salad
It's surprising how a few herbs can brighten up tuna salad. Made with reduced-fat mayonnaise, this version from Billie Moss gets zip from mustard. "It makes a great light lunch or Sunday brunch item," she notes from El Sobrante, California.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery and onion. Combine the
- mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Stir
- into tuna mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a