Tarragon Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Stir into tuna mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 169 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Tarragon Tuna Salad
"To die for recipe! It is easily the best tuna salad we've ever had and can hold its own against any gourmet restaurant recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.