Tarragon Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Stir into tuna mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 169 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tarragon Tuna Salad
"I love this flavorful tuna salad! The only change I made was adding extra mayo. I served with lettuce in a pita."
"To die for recipe! It is easily the best tuna salad we've ever had and can hold its own against any gourmet restaurant recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.