Tarragon Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut each half into three pieces. Season with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute a third of the chicken at a time in butter until browned and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add the cream, lemon juice and tarragon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 493 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Skillet Chicken
"this meal is delicious! i sliced up the chicken first and then cooked it. it was really great. quick and tasted fancy enough for company... will definitely make again"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.