Tarragon Skillet Chicken
Broilers are the leading farm product in our state, so chicken is a staple on many dinner tables here. I've prepared this recipe several times and it always gets rave reviews.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked rice
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut each half into three pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute
- a third of the chicken at a time in butter until browned and no
- longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add the cream, lemon
- juice and tarragon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 493 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a