Tarragon Skillet Chicken Recipe
Broilers are the leading farm product in our state, so chicken is a staple on many dinner tables here. I've prepared this recipe several times and it always gets rave reviews.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked rice
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut each half into three pieces. Season with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute a third of the chicken at a time in butter until browned and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add the cream, lemon juice and tarragon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Skillet Chicken in Country October/November 1995, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tarragon Skillet Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2013
this meal is delicious! i sliced up the chicken first and then cooked it. it was really great. quick and tasted fancy enough for company... will definitely make again
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >